Friday 8 January 2010

Welcome back...

Hello everyone and welcome back! It has been a busy first week at school and I'm still recovering from jet lag so I haven't had a chance to post on my blog until today.

First of all, I'd like to say hello to all my wonderful new students. So far I've met my sweet 9A form class of 21 students and my big, friendly 9D class with 37 students. On Saturday I'll finally get the chance to meet 9F and I'm sure they will be equally lovely. In our first English period together I'm afraid I did most of the talking but I look forward to next week when you will have a chance to participate more in the lessons.

I also met with my mega outgoing 5ACD Lit class. It's so good to see you all again! Really, I love teaching you girls so much that the time just flies by, doesn't it? This year is going to be another great year for us! Anyway, welcome back and I can't wait to dive back into our short story collection. Isn't Desai's Sale a powerful story? I'll be looking over your Reader Reaction assignment later today. See you Saturday.

BTW, the principal has made a special request. She would like us to decorate the noticeboard near the SRR again. This time she'd like us to put posters with pics of students and quotations about reading. I think it would be great to put a book recommendation as well. I would like the girls in 5ACD Lit class who absolutely love reading to make posters. I've made a template so you can just delete stuff and add your own ideas. Also, I have your pics so I can always put your pic if you don't have one.

Please click here for the template:



I would also like to send out a big thank you to my wonderful 9A form class for processing 120 new books for the SRR while we were waiting for our textbooks on Wednesday. I put the books on the shelves yesterday so that when students go in for their first reading period there will be a lot of added excitement. I hope you love the Reading Room as much as I do!!!

As usual, I'd also like to send out a big THANK YOU to our book angel Peta. For those of you who don't know, Peta is our mysterious donor from the UK who has been sending us big packages of incredible books for the last year. In December she sent us an amazing 39 books, most of them brand new. Wow!!! There are so many beautiful new books that she has sent us that I can't single out one for special recognition. All I can say is that Peta has a great eye for Teen lit and she has sent us so many books that have become a huge hit with the girls at the school. Thanks again Peta! You're amazing! To see all the great books she has sent us you can look at the bottom of the entry here.

No comments: