What's with these pants books?
With unraveled embroidery and fraying hems, the Traveling Pants are back for one last, glorious summer.
Lena: Immerses herself in her painting and an intoxicating summer fling, fearing that the moment she forgets about Kostos will be the moment she sees him again.
Carmen: Falls under the spell of a sophisticated college friend for whom a theatrical role means everything and the heritage of the Pants means nothing.
Bridget: Joins a dig for an ancient city on the coast of Turkey and discovers that her archaeology professor is available in every way except one.
Tibby: Leaves behind someone she loves, wrongly believing he will stay where she has left him.
Join Ann Brashares's beloved sisterhood once again in a dazzling, fearless novel. It's a summer that will forever change the lives of Lena, Carmen, Bee, and Tibby, here and now, past and future, together and apart.
Thanks to Lisa and our wonderful friends at Library Thing, we have a beautiful new hardcover copy of this Ann Brashares book. Now we have all four books in the SRR for you to enjoy.
In addition to this book, Lisa has sent along three scanners and a stamp to help us with our inventory as well as eight other incredible titles for teenage readers. Thanks so much Lisa! Here is the complete list of books she sent us:
- Small Steps by Louis Sachar (a nice new hardcover and a sequel to Holes)
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (fantastic to have another copy of a favourite book!)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (this book is sooo popular)
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini (great! we needed another copy)
- Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling (awesome, soon we'll have a class set)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (an American classic)
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (a National Book Award Winner)
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (another very popular book)