Wednesday 21 April 2010

Chocolate Heaven

What a great day! Thanks so much to everyone for making my birthday so special.

9A really surprised me. As I walked into the classroom they had Happy Birthday written on the board and they sang the birthday song. Then, on my desk, I found this cute hand-made tie with all the signatures of the girls on it as well as the cool caricature pictured here - isn't it great that he/I am carrying a big box of books! What a truly unique gift! You girls are so thoughtful. Thanks so much!

I was hit with the birthday song again in Lit class which was fun (and they finished class with it too). I always feel a bit uncomfortable getting that sort of attention, but it was nice. Thanks girls. BTW, wasn't that a great poem by Byron? Funny that it talks about getting old on a day like today. BTW, don't forget to read your poems again tonight!

Then, 9F continued the celebrations with another rendition of the birthday song and then I got buried in an avalanche of chocolate. Thank you so much girls for your generosity. I love chocolate! Did I mention that? ;-) Also, thanks for the sweet card you gave me. It was very heart-warming of you.

As well, the teachers in the English Department had a buffet lunch to celebrate. That was great too! I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm the luckiest teacher on earth! I work at the best school in the country and I have the most wonderful students ever. I really do feel so fortunate to be your teacher. I couldn't ask for a nicer group of students to work with!

I'd like to say a special thanks to Amal from Lit class who dropped off a delicious chocolate dessert from Le Apple (Yummy!) and to Aqilah for the chocolate cakes from Lof. I'm saving those for after I have my supper. Also, thanks to Hamidah in 9F for the incredible assortment of chocolate bars and to all the girls of 9F for the big bag of chocolates and candies.

I'm in CHOCOLATE HEAVEN!

No comments: