Monday 19 April 2010

Beautiful Creatures

One of the most popular books to hit the SRR this month is a book called Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This is another amazing donation by our book angel Peta from the UK. Thanks Peta!

I've been wanting to get this book ever since I read the review by Steph Su which you can read HERE. Steph is one of the best book reviewers on the web and she loved Hunger Games and the Poison Study Series so if you enjoyed those books you'll probably enjoy Beautiful Creatures. Steph loved it and noted that it was one of the top books of 2009 in her November 3rd post.


Amazon Description:
In Ethan Wate’s hometown there lies the darkest of secrets . . . There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head. Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes. There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it’s been promised. And no one can stop it. In the end, there is a grave. Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided. Ethan never even saw it coming.

Actually, this book doesn't have a blurb on the back. That makes me a bit crazy. I rely on blurbs to give me an idea of whether or not I will like a book. However, I think the fact the book has been so well received (and highly rated by Steph) means this is likely a good book.

Keep an eye out for it (or beg the girls in 5C/D classes to put you on their internal waitlist as the girls seem to be passing it around right now). I'll post a review once I get a chance to read it. :-)

No comments: