Saturday 7 February 2009

Geraldine McCaughrean Wrote You a Letter!!!

I'm so excited to share this news with you.


The autographed book she sent us as a gift!

Geraldine McCaughrean, author of Peter Pan in Scarlet, sent us a package today. Isn't she the sweetest author ever? She has written a letter to our classes and she included a few gifts. We have autographs which can be posted into our books, some photos of her wearing a leafy waistcoat she made herself, some beautiful autographed limited edition prints, and a book called Princess Stories (quite suitable don't you think considering we are at a girls' school). I must say I'm overwhelmed with her generosity. She even sent me an autographed book called "Smile" which I will be delighted to share with you of course. I hope she won't mind if I copy the letter for you here in the post so you can see what she wrote us:



Wow, isn't that wonderful? Geraldine writes excellent letters! What a joy it is to read a book and then to have the chance to tell the writer how much you enjoyed it. I wanted her to know what special treatment we gave her book in our class and how much we liked it. She got one thing wrong, though. I've got the best job in the entire world. I get to work with such lovely young ladies and I get to share lots of exciting books with them. :)

No comments: