Monday 6 October 2008

Goosebumps: Legend of the Lost Legend ****

You want the treasure? First you'll need to pass the survival tests.


Justin and his sister, Marissa, are looking for a silver chest containing "The Lost Legend". They get lost in a magical forest and then meet a strange woman who tells them they must pass a series of survival tests to get the treasure. They will get the treasure if they live!

After looking at the 4E book list I thought I should review one of the series mentioned. I really like the Goosebumps series. The stories usually have something interesting happening and they often have a strange "What if..." question built in.

This was a very good story. For me, it might be one of the best Goosebumps books out there. I enjoyed the adventure style. I especially liked the giant cats that tried to eat them. A couple of times I laughed out loud because there are a few really funny parts like when the cats were "playing with their food"!

What did I learn from the story? Don't judge a book by its cover. The cover art doesn't look very good and even the blurb on the back wasn't too exciting. I thought I would give it a chance and if it was too boring then I wouldn't recommend it to others. After the first forty pages, I really started to get into this book. I didn't want to put it down. I was interested to see what all of the "tests" would be and then I wanted to know what the "Lost Legend" was. I was glad that I read this book and I hope the rest of the class will give it a chance too.

Goosebumps can be a great, quick read. Don't knock them until you've tried them. It can be nice to kick back and read an entire book in one sitting.

Want to read the first few pages? Follow the link and click on "exerpt":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0590568841/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

No comments: