For those of you who are looking for a good book to read, you may want to have a look around to see what the other girls are reading. If they are enjoying one, maybe you will enjoy it too!
Here is a list of some of the most popular books in the SRR. This list is just based on my own observations of those that always seem to be out and the ones that are always being requested. If you see one, grab it. It won't last long.
Just a reminder that you must only borrow books for two weeks. Some of these popular ones have disappeared for months while disinterested readers kept them in their bags and didn't finish them.
1. Poison Study (the Form 5's have passed this around)
2. The Hunger Games (amazing book by Collins)
3. PS I love You (and any other Cecilia Ahern book)
4. The Princess Diaries (and any other Meg Cabot book)
5. Shopaholic (and any other Kinsella book)
6. The Notebook (as well as Sparks' A Walk to Remember)
7. House of Night Series (these books are very popular)
8. Just Listen (and any other Sarah Dessen book)
9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (this is so funny!)
10. The Lovely Bones (often requested, coming soon)
11. Before I Die (Jenny Downham makes you cry)
12. Elsewhere (Zevin's book is also a tear jerker)
13. Twilight (of course, though most girls have read it by now)
14. Goosebumps (funny, interesting, quick book snack)
15. Chicken Soup (great real life stories - more coming soon)
16. Uglies (this Westerfeld series is making the rounds)
17. Inkheart (and any other Funke book)
18. My Sister's Keeper (another popular one)
19. If I have a Wicked Stepmother, Where is My Prince? (everyone likes it)
20. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (picking up steam)
21. 13 Little Blue Envelopes (always out)
There are a lot of books that take time to catch on. For example, Graceling is the type of book that could become popular quickly. City of Bones and Vampire Acedemy could also become more popular as more and more readers pick them up. As well, last year some books were circulated in certain classes so I didn't see them for months and months - these too could be on our list of popular books.
Is there another book I should add to this list? Have you and your friends enjoyed the same book? Let me know.